Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Katrina has always been a crazy bitch name...

Ok - so I knew one little girl Katrina that was too little to be a bitch - but dont get me wrong - she had potential! Living in Memphis is a little too close to the disaster than I like (not that there is a right place or anything). We are getting a lot of the evacuees in town and we even have a girl that is gonna work in our *$ (Starbucks) since the one she worked at in New Orleans is no longer. The weekends have been the only time I have had much interaction with them - it hurts your heart to even look them in the eye... I feel guilty everyday that we are so lucky and have so much.

I got an email the other day that Suzanne made a donation to the Louisianna SPCA in Georgia's name. My friends rock. Everyone doing something adds up to ALOT.

I was reading Dooce.com this am and if you dont read her your just dumb. This is her entry for the day - an email sent to her from someone in TX - thought you should all see it.
.............................................................................................................................................
Email: I salute you, Texas
Wednesday, 07 September 2005
Dear Heather,
I just returned from the Austin Convention Center after working all day with Katrina Evacuees. Austin is hosting 5,000 people and all I can say is that after seeing what 5,000 clean and safe evacuees look like, I can’t even begin to imagine what the Superdome or even the initial arrival at the Astrodome looked like. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that in Houston, whenever a family finds each other or is brought together, they ring a bell — chants of “More Cowbell” have been heard.
I thought that might make you smile.
Cheers,A faithful reader….

2 Comments:

Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles said...

We definitely need more cowbell! Literally!

wqnslcc

when quick neatness supercedes laziness, charmin counts

9:30 PM  
Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles said...

Just wanted you to know there was 1/2 bottle of Black Mountain Fat Cat behind that word game... I'm a lightweight.

xcwucu

WTF!

xtra-curricular waders use concrete unicycles

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home