Sunday, July 10, 2005

Herbie rides again

So somehow another week has passed. Its weird to look at a calendar and realize "holey crap" we've been here 6 months now! It really doesn't seem like we've been gone more than a month - I think that's mostly because we have good friends = and most of them are kinda nerdy and have done some bloggin which makes us feel like we talk to you more than we do.

This weekend, I took advantage of a cool thing they still have out here - The Drive-In. I went with Kaley (who's a whoppin 5 years old) to go see Herbie for her first ever drive-in experience. I think I got more out of it than she did, but she had a good time none the less. I believe her favorite part was watching the movie while standing out the sunroof of my car. It was so strange to be taken back to such a very young age when my mom used to take us, other than for the fact that we now listened to a radio station rather than that crazy speaker box that hung on the window, it was exactly the same. The lot was tore up - the snack bar was all jacked up - people were totally getto setting up tents for the kids so the parents could make out in the car. Good stuff. Props to my mom for wonderful memories that still make me feel warm and fuzzy 25+ years later.

8 Comments:

Blogger Monkey loves Kitten said...

You pickin up babies already?

6:37 AM  
Blogger VenturaMom from said...

Did you have a large popcorn with extra butter?

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, who's the kid? Are you that lonely, Vonnie, that you have to pick up strange kids and go to the drive-in? "Just strange is all... unsettling..."

4:36 PM  
Blogger V said...

You people are twisted. Kayle is one of the people that moved from Cali with FedEx... I knew her before I got here you preverts! - I do have to admit shes better company than some of the locals.

7:40 PM  
Blogger V said...

PS = medium popcorn, minial butter... we had stopped at Sonic on the way for Tots and slushies!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Monkey loves Kitten said...

Tots!

6:00 AM  
Blogger VenturaMom from said...

Slushies!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles said...

Yo! When are ya gonna post again, V?

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home