Friday, September 16, 2005

HOME

I flew into LAX yesterday and cant even begin to describe how weird it was to be back to a place so familiar and yet to different. The people sitting behind me on the plane were making their first trip to CA and were talking a million miles a minute (well not really - cuz they are from the south - but pretty fast for them). I find that the only time is have the southern "twang" is when Im around those twangy bastards - so I choose to stay mute hoping that when we landed I would sound normal again. So far so good.

I totally lucked out and the rental car place hooked me up - got a PT Cruiser Turbo convertible - happy birthday to me!!! It was great, I took the coast home and found a appreciation for the ocean I don't think I've had in a really long time. Also found that I should appreciate sunscreen more now that I have burnt forehead, nose and arms.

I got into town and went straight to the Mansfield house to see the girls. The baby is SO big and such a doll, I feel like Im missing so much fun stuff with her - but she can make you feel like a million bucks in nothing flat and that's a wonderful thing. She was telling me about the zoo and making great animal sounds - shes got the cheetah down cold! GRRROOOWWWLLLLLLLL in the most deep chest devil voice you can imagine... the kids got skills. B is such a good mommy - and Im so lucky to have you all in my life.

After a pitcher of maragritas, a trip to the Teva/Ugg/ Simple outlet and then Casa's (duh) - I finally made it back to JT's where walking into his house is like coming home all over again. Its so great to be here and to know that this will always be home - where my favorite people are - where 70 degrees is a normal day - where they actually drive the speed limit on the freeway - where no one uses the word "reckon".

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, I dont know, when you say Home, I think Ventura, but it occured to me you might be somewhere else. Are you?

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm....ok, you know i haven't responded to anyone, but this one worries me! First, u have offered up Bruiser...now u have posted the best stuff about home...that's it! THANK GOD, I have G here! She is the best hostage, to make sure u come back to TN! ;o)

Have fun and tell everyone Hi! My turn is in 18 days & counting!!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Monkey loves Kitten said...

Hey, while you're there, you need to go ahead and marry Jason Bateman. I'm watching Dodgeball right now and it just doesn't seem right that we don't somehow have him more personally in our lives. Get to it, sister.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just bring G and leave Cujo to the kid down the street and move home already.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles said...

Hey y'all - whoops, we NOT doing the southern thang...

Tick, tick, tick. The burrho-timer is winding down...

Miss W, I am going to start a blog account for you so you can at least leave your name rather than anonymous. And then MAYBE you'll respond to your OTHER friends who have blogs. Whatever! ;o)

3:59 PM  
Blogger V said...

Im home - as in CA - mostly in Ventura - Im in the 909 today but will be back in the 805 tomorrow.

Props to Wen who finally wrote - you cant hide from our peps now! I swear Im still coming back to you and the pups ;)

If I could find Jason I would TOTALLY marry him ... against his will or not!

Who's the other anonymous person??? I dont have any secret friends - do I?

Burrito!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles said...

Yo Yo, Miss V!
Can I take your order?
Salsa verde? Queso? Cilantro y cebolla?

10:02 PM  
Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles said...

btw, that is not the correct time

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home