Thursday, March 13, 2008

FanTESTICAL


So its a Thursday evening and Im sitting on the sun porch, the sun is about an hour from setting, its a perfect 70 degrees with a slight breeze - could it get much better than this? Well sure - but not anytime soon and for now Im pretty freakin content.

I cant believe the last time I wrote anything here it was Halloween. I never believed people when they told me the years would go by faster as I got older but its not joke. How did I miss Chritsmas and New Years? So many things have happened since the last I wrote out to the web of endlessness... where do you start?

Yesterday I saved a baby squirrel from doggy demise. It was a rather strange event - something I've personally never done before (have you?). Did you know there are squirrel rescues out there? For-reals! I mocked Wendy when she told me to look it up --- but they are really there! Did you know its illeagal to keep a squirrel for more than 48 hours unless you are licenced by the wildlife police??? I swear, I didnt make this stuff up. - So back to Gary Jr (that what we call him) - I happened to be walking by the back window when I saw Jack doing some crazy dog dance around something in the middle of the yard - this is no everyday dance - its reserve for true diabolical plans I tell you... he's evil at heart (Wendy knows it even if she will never admit it) - anyway = so I run out back and see what I think is another baby bird (those are his very favorite to mudilate). As I get closer I see its little limps trying to cover its face - ACK! - its a baby squirrel!!! So I start yelling and Jack keeps dancing his happy little death dance and Spencer comes to scoop him up. SAVED! Now what do we do -= freak out! We took him out front to see if he would try and move - nope he just sat there looking pitiful with Jack slobber still on him. It was so helpless looking sitting in Spencers hand all lovey hugging his fingers (see photo). In comes the fanTESTICAL internet ... oh how I love the internet... We found a lady that is the wildlife commish-something and she called someone else - and in a matter of a couple hours someone was ready to pick lil'Gary up and take care of him until he is ready to go back into the wild once more. Hooray = one less carcass in our yard this month.

So on that happy little note - I just wanted to post a story for those of you that are still looking for something to read while your avoiding doing something important. Miss you all! V

6 Comments:

Blogger Monkey loves Kitten said...

Holy crap that Gary Jr. is so cute. I guess he's lucky that Jack has a death dance ritual to perform before the final smackdown.

7:14 AM  
Blogger V said...

It only got worse when he looked up at you with slow sad little blinks... too freakin cute to just put outside and hope for the best. He looked at us like one of those puppies you see on the commercials - the ones where they are dirty and locked in a cold wet cage... DAMN YOU and your pitiful sad commercials pedigree!!!! I swear I could her Sarah Mc singing in the background...

7:22 AM  
Blogger Monkey loves Kitten said...

F***ing Pedigree. I hate that commercial! It was on so many times during PuppyBowl, it was killing me. Yes, I watched PuppyBowl. And recorded it. And saved it.

What's the meaning of your post title?

10:10 AM  
Blogger V said...

No meaning - I just thought fantastic was too boring. Maybe I should have called it "fantASStic" in honor of my large ass. Gary Jr did have testicals (I think).

11:20 AM  
Blogger Monkey loves Kitten said...

Mmmmmm testicles.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Rose-Colored Beer Goggles said...

Holy Schnikee's Batman, Miss V posted! You guys moving back to CA yet? We got some kiddies that ya'll need to spoil ;o)

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home